Monday, February 16, 2009

Australia... first look

Hello everyone who's reading this blog of mine...
This is my first post and I hope to continue on this good work and dish out posts after posts!!!


Okay, lets see, what should I write in this? It's been a week since I arrived in Sydney and I think it would be nice for me to describe my first impressions of Sydney and my university, a.k.a Uni in the aussi slang...


After having deliberated long enough on the decision to come to Australia to study, I was finally boarding the flight to Sydney on the 6th of Feb. It was tough to leave behind a wonderful life back in India, go to office, do work (drink coffee), come back home, have food, chat with friends, sleep!!
But that was long left back and I was sitting in the lobby waiting for the boardings to start.


It was a wonderful flight of almost 13 hours and as we were landing in Sydney, the view of the city from air was breathtaking!! It was superb... I could see the sea, the yachts, the surfers and small houses with beautiful red/maroon sloping roofs. I guess we circled the Sydney airport some 3 times before we finally landed.


It was a different feeling altogether to land here in Australia. After months of planning, discussions, finally it was time for me to start on with a new life, alone.


As I came out of the airport, Alok and Suraj were already there waiting for me... it was really nice to see them...


Sydney is a beautiful city!! Very clean, disciplined and vibrant!!
We got a wonderful view of the city's suburbs while in the bus... To me, all the buildings seemed alike, brick walled, maroon sloping roofs!!


The day I reached Sydney, it was more than 40 degree Celsius!! terribly hot... I reached in the middle of the heat wave.
The place where I stay is also nice... it is a very old apartment block, the only one of its kind in the area known as Glebe, pronounced as glib...

We are very close to the main city area and can see the Sydney Central Business District skyline from the balcony... From the other side we get a view of my Uni... UTS or University of Technology Sydney and also of University of Sydney a.k.a usyd (usid)...


It is really a wonderful experience to be here... it is a nice and friendly place...


more updates soon... next up, visit to the Harbour bridge and Opera house...


2 comments:

  1. Good to see your blog.. nice start.. hoping for more and more posts..

    cheers!

    sameer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to her some updates from you Alok! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete